To run an online store successfully an e-commerce website is the first thing you need to build. A complete e-commerce solution helps you to build, customize and run your online store very easily comfortably. There are a lot of things you need to do to build your site like hosting, marketing tools, payment gateway, design, pricing and so many. An e-commerce site comes with all of these process you need.
The latest survey report by Forrester projects said that the U.S shoppers has spend nearly $460 billion in 2017. They also said that e-commerce will account for 17.0% of retail sales by 2022, up from a projected 12.9% in 2017. From this survey we can easily imagine the huge popularity and possibility of ecommerce.
With increasing the popularity of ecommerce there have been a lot of companies offer their customers a very smart ecommerce solutions. All of them are trying to innovate unique unique customizable and necessary features so that can attract the customers.
Here in this competitive eecmmerce platform market it is very hard to find out which ecoomerce solution is best for you. If you already started your own online shop then you must probably faced this problem to choose which shopping cart software meets your need. So here in this article we are talking about some best and popular ecoomerce platform of 2017. We discuss about their features, advantages, disadvantages so that you can find which one is the best for you.
Shopify is one of the most popular ecoomerce platform. Shopify has more than 500,000 businesses worldwide powered by Shopify. The most important thing of Shopify is you don’t need any codding or design skill to use Shopify . It handles everything from marketing to shopping and also ensure your customers’s security. You can use Shopify free for 14 days to check how it works.
- Fully customizable website, blog and online store.
- Unlimited bandwidth, product inventory, and customer data.
- Accept credit cards instantly with Shopify Payments.
- Sell on new sales channels like Pinterest and Amazon.
- 24/7 support.
- With Shopify you can connect your online store with your Facebook page and sell your products direct from the Facebook page.
- Shopify also have built in mobile app and mobile friendly shopping cart features.
- Shopify gives you more than 100 themes and templates to choose your design or layout.
- It has more than 1000 extensions and plugins for functionalities.
- As Shopify is a global hosted service it gives you better security and reliability.
- With Shopify you have to pay monthly for every little thing. Like to use any extensions or any apps you need to pay individually for everything.
- The worst part of Shopify is managing your content. Shopy is a selling platform not a content management system. SO if you have a lot of contents like videos, blogs, carousels as well as want to sell product then Shopify is not for you.
- Shopify has a very less combustibility. It has so many functionalities but it only allows to change a little certain part of it’s functionalities.
Magento is another popular and mostly used ecommerce platform. Magento covers almost one fourth ecommerce website at present. It also one of the fastest growing platform comes with a lot of features to make your business big. Magento is so flexible to create irresistible clients experience. There are a lots of big company is powered by Magent like Burger King, Cocoacola.
- Flexible and Open Source Software
- It hugely customizable and offers the latest best practice extensions to extend your store’s features any way you want.
- It gives a lot of marketing and promotions tools.
- Site management is very easy with Magento.
- Search Engine friendly.
- Security in Magento is very high. It has built in payment gateway like Paypal.
- Control multiple websites and stores from one Administration Panel with the ability to share as much or as little information as needed.
- Easy to use experience with extensive customization.
- More than 9000 extensions and plugins.
- Active online community and resource library.
- Magento seems to be a little bit slow specially in smaller or single server. Many users also claimed that it is slower than any other popular ecommerce platform available in market.
- Using Magento is very coplex process and not so easy to work with it.
- Magento runs with PHP. Soin very heavy process it can consume gigabyte of RAM. As it runs with PHP we need to have some knowledge to use it properly.
- Another problem of Magento is it’s very hard to find a good Magento developer.
WooCommerce is a ecommerce based WordPress plugin which is totally free. With this plugin you can easily build a WordPress website. This plugins is developed by Woo Themes. It has a lots of extensive level features which make this plugin so popular. It offers you a fully customizable shopping cart,payment gateway which is very secure. WooCommerce powers over 28% of all online stores.
- Very clean, user friendly and modern interface.
- Woocommerce has multiple shopping method with WordPress content integration.
- Easy to use,very flexiable and customizable.
- SEO friendly.
- Control easily with Dashboard.
- Create,edit and manage all the products from dashboard.
- As Woocommerce is a self hosted platform it can protect your date very safely.
- The most important thing of woocommerce is it’s free. It helps you to build your online store and sell your product without any coast. All you need to do is download the plugin and install it. Installing the plugin is also very easy.
- As wocommerce is a WordPress plugin it’svery familiar to all. So if you fce any problem while using it you can easily find the solution for it.
- Wocommerce is very customizable, secure and very very professional. Don’t think that it’s a free plugin so it’s not secure and doesn’t look professional.
- Wocommerce also offers you some analytic tools by which you can measure sales product and manage it.
- Another great thing of using Woocommerce is it helps a lot for content marketing. With better content you can easily attract your customers to buy your product.
- Wocommerce is a WordPress plugin so it’s need to cope with the latest WorPress version. WordPress update their software very friquently. Sometimes Woocommerce sometimes can’t able to adapt the latest WordPress version.
- Sometimes updates through visual tab goes wrong. So the users who have small HTML knowledge face some problems.
PestaShop is popular with it’s advance shopping cart functionality. PestaShop is available free with two packages named cloud-based Prestashop and a downloadable form. It offers you more than 600 features with 1000+ modules and themes.
- With PestaShop you can quickly build a custom template with the starer menu.
- It has their own website builder.
- Responsive for all devices.
- Secure payment gateway and easy to use
- PestaShop has a huge collection of store templates so we have a hundred of choice from every industry to make your website.
- With their website you can make your own website as you want.
- It gives your customers reliable, local shipping options around the world.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- It support multiple language website.
- Development coast is not very expensive comparatively with others platform it’s very low.
- Active forum to have instant help when you face any problem.
- It’s inbuilt modules is not very enough.
- Like the inbuilt modules it has less shipping and payment methods.
- It’s perfect for small business but not very perfect for large scale business.
- Some necessary Modules need to be purchased as they do not come with solution pack.
- Development coast in PestaShop is less but purchase any themes and modules are very expensive.
Drupal is a very strong CMS as well as an ecommerce platform. It is also best for SEO than other ecommerce platform. By using drupal you can easily build powerful online store. Drupal is very responsive which gives your customers a very positive shopping experience.
- Drupal has unique theme engine which is based on PHP. It very flexible, secure and customizable.
- All the themes comes with Drupal are responsive and mobile friendly.
- Drupal has extensive multilingual options.
- Easy authoring
- Quick edits
- Better support
- Fast loading speed
- Configuration management is very easy.
- Dropal is open source, secure, customizable and flexible. Most of the themes are free in Drupal. So it’s very helpful for the startup company.
- Drupal offers a lot of features like user, advance menu and pools management. It also offers you some highly graphics tools. All of these features help you to build small or big website for your product.
- Drupal has advanced administrator control. You can setup user account and user permission.
- Drupal helps rapid development for the company as it enable to deploy core functions and features.
- Content management is very easy in Drupal. You can make various content type for marketing purposes. Organizing the content types is also very easy.
- Connecting to users and many social networks is very important for online selling. Drupal makes this process very simple.
- Drupal has thousand of plugins and being a open source platform you can also make your own plugin.
- Using Drupal is very complex and complicated. It’s not very easy to install and maintain it. Managing Drupal is hard as it offers you more functionalities. You need to have advance knowledge to use Drupal.
- Drupal is not backward compatible with other software.
- If you’re used to older systems, getting used to Drupal will take some time as it has planty of new solutions
BigCommerce is more like Shopify but it has more built in features with unlimited bandwidth and storage. More than 50000 stores are powered by BigCommerce. It has basic marketing tools with features like shopping cart, gift card, reviews and so many. You dont need any technical knowledge to use it. BigCommerce has some big client like Toyota.
- BigCommerce is easily customizable and it’s customizable features gives you a perfect shopping experience.
- It has so many beautiful and responsive templates so that you can easily choose your the perfect template for your products.
- It focuses on selling with a hosted ecommerce website.
- Replatform in BigCommerce is very easy. You can easily migrate your store and import product in BigCommerce without any hassle.
- Secure shopping cart and payment method.
- It also offers social media marketing.
- In BigCommerce you can upload unlimited products and photos and it automatically generated photo gallery.
- It has multilevel category menu and 96 professional tore design.
- BigCommerce also offers you drag and drop layout customization.
- It offers the users a 30 days trial for the first time. In this trial period you can enjoy all the features it has.
- You can connect your website with Facebook and sell direct from Facebook.
- You can also sell product on eBay and Amazon.
- You don’t need to worry about speed and security.
- Amazing marketing tool are another important features in BigCommerce.
- BigCommerce is a closed source platform.
- Another disadvantage of BigCommerce is that it has so many features built in.
- While BigCommerce has a lot of product options, it’s almost too much and ends up burying the inventory management options.